About CJF Marketing International
CJF Marketing International (CJFMI) is a consulting company specializing in the creation and implementation of strategic marketing, tourism programs and business development projects for products and destinations such as shopping centers, attractions, urban entertainment districts, communities and commercial properties throughout the U.S., Caribbean, South America, Mexico, Canada, Europe, Russia, Asia, India, the Middle East and Australia. The firm provides comprehensive strategic planning and implementation designed to meet goals and provide solid return on investments.
Far from a typical consulting firm, CJFMI utilizes careful thought processes and innovative programs, which gives them the ability to analyze a situation, understand the research needed, identify the challenges and develop innovative ways to meet those challenges.
Additionally, CJF Marketing International offers marketing training programs and seminars, such as customer service and retail tourism training seminars for developers, municipalities, shopping center associations, development agencies and retailers.
What makes CJF Marketing International different from other consulting agencies is that each client works directly with CJFMI’s founder and president, Carolyn J. Feimster, CRX, CMD. Carolyn is an expert at leveraging resources and strengthening partnerships to maximize results for clients.
About the Founder and President
With more than 35 years of retail, business development, tourism development and shopping center experience, Carolyn J. Feimster, CRX, CMD, is a highly-sought after consultant for organizations around the world. Carolyn’s extensive marketing experience helps clients identify critical issues and develop solutions. Her reputation of strategic planning, decision-making, implementation and follow through is backed by the results delivered to her clients. Her work has included developing and implementing business, marketing and tourism plans; developing re-merchandising programs; coordinating business development programs for retailers; coordinating and implementing grand openings.
Carolyn has developed a variety of training programs and seminars for marketing directors, retailers, and tourism managers around the world in various industries. She taught in Dubai nearly a dozen times for the Middle East Council of Shopping Centres and the International Council of Shopping Centers’ JTR School for Retail Real Estate Professionals. IKEA Centres Russia hired Carolyn to educate its leaders for the country’s largest chain of shopping centers, and she also was hired by a shopping center developer in India to train their marketing directors .
Carolyn began consulting in 1988 when she was retained to form the Downtown Management Organization (DMO) in Curacao, Netherlands Antilles. In this role, she, along with her team, spearheaded the effort to establish a public/private organization to improve the retail product of Downtown Willemstad for both the local population and the tourists. Her efforts achieved great success, and the DMO continues to thrive today. In addition to consulting and training, Carolyn is a frequent contributor to a variety of industry publications, as well as a presenter at conferences around the world.
Throughout the years, Carolyn has held positions with leading shopping center developers and a municipality. Some of her positions have included:
- Director of Corporate Marketing/Director of International Sales for Turnberry Associates, a national real estate development/management company located in Aventura, Fla. Directed the marketing for their regional malls and power centers, including marketing, tourism development and customer service activities. This included establishing and implementing the International Tourism Development Program with frequent participation in international trade shows and sales missions to Latin American countries to promote Aventura Mall as a shopping destination.
- Economic Development Specialist for the City of North Miami, Fla., a position created to attract new business and industry to the city, as well as to develop business retention/expansion programs to expand the tax base.
- Corporate Marketing Director for the Enterprise Development Company in Columbia, MD. Responsible for the marketing of nine specialty centers and community centers and subsequently became their marketing consultant.
- Also employed by other shopping center developers and management companies including Corporate Property Investors, the former Oxford Development Company and the former E. J. DeBartolo Corporation.
- Multiple-time recipient of the Shop America Salutes Innovation (SASI) Award for her work at retail properties around the country, including the 2016 Best in Show Award which was for the Exclusive China Shopping Promotion with Hainan Airlines from China, MA Office of Travel & Tourism and Assembly Row, an urban mixed-use destination.
- 2003 Shopping Tourism Person of the Year award from the Shop America Alliance, as voted by industry peers.
- 2000 ICSC Trustees Distinguished Service Award, an award received by less than 120 people in the world since 1988.
- Multiple MAXI award winner by the International Council of Shopping Centers.
- Past president of SKAL International (NYC Chapter), a worldwide tourism organization (2011 and 2018).
- Advisory Board Member at the University of Florida’s world-renowned Eric Friedheim Tourism Institute, which focuses on tourism research and development.
- Former Advisory Board member of Shop America Alliance.
- Founding member, past president and current board member of the NY/NJ Council of Shopping Centers.
- Founding member of the Shop Miami Committee of the Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau and its tourism/marketing committee.
- ICSC faculty member for the School of Professional Development in Scottsdale, Ariz.; Michigan State University in Lansing, Mich.; Mexico City, Mexico; and Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Chair of the 2004 ICSC Caribbean Conference on Tourism in Cancun, Mexico.
- Co-chair of the 2001 ICSC Tourism, Leisure and Lifestyle Conference.
- Have taught seminars for shopping center trade associations and shopping center developers in Moscow, Russia; Bangalore and New Delhi, India; Kuwait, Istanbul, Prague, Warsaw, Cairo and other areas worldwide.
- University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications (Bachelor of Science, 1977).
- Member of the inaugural class of the prestigious Certified Retail Property Executive (CRX) designation from the International Council of Shopping Centers.
- Senior Certified Marketing Director (SCMD) designation from the International Council of Shopping Centers.