RETAIL / BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
As the economic development specialist for the City of North Miami, FL, in the early 1990’s, CJF Marketing International’s founder and president, Carolyn Feimster, CRX, CMD was able to bring extensive retail knowledge to the position. Among her many responsibilities, she identified specific geographical areas in the City that were suitable for redevelopment, including retail, professional and industrial, and she organized property owners into associations designed to assist with the specific business recruitment efforts for that geographical area. She further identified specific business niches to market such as the Film and Video Industry and an Antique District.
As consultant for the Bay Harbor Development Association, Carolyn researched and wrote the business development program for the commercial district and worked with the Association to implement it.
If your downtown or retail/business district is in need of improvement, call on Carolyn’s experience to assist your town or organization in developing and implementing an audit to assess its strengths and weaknesses. Other services provided by CJFMI include:
- Identifying specific categories of use for a district as well as specific tenants that would be appropriate
- Canvassing efforts to find specific tenants
- Forming a Development/Business Association
- Working with a Development/Business Association in the pursuit of its goals
- Writing manuals, such as “How to Open a New Business,” for town use
- Developing appropriate collateral material such as leasing brochures
- Identifying and utilizing resources available to a municipality, such as the Sister Cities International Program